If you will be traveling, it has never been easier to learn foreign language words before traveling or while away. It’s always good to be able to ask where the train station is, or where a bathroom might be located. Here are some ideas and info about why it makes sense to study languages at any age.
– When you learn a language you also get to learn another way of thinking. We simply do not have words in English for all the concepts and constructs that exist in the world. you will become a better thinker with more knowledge of foreign languages.
– Making friends in other cultures. It can be so enriching to have friends all around the world. the internet marketing community, for example, has brought together people from all over the globe who share an interest in online business. the more languages you speak, the more people you can communicate effectively with.
– Lyrical languages. Some languages offer the benefit of melody in their sounds and pronunciations. This is literally music to our ears. If you can learn to roll your R’s in Spanish, it is both effective and delightful.
– Emergency situations. We certainly do not want you to have a medical emergency while traveling. However, if you did, it would be good to be able to call out for help and to explain what the health issue emergency is.
– Writing. Learning languages is more than just being able to speak and comprehend. When you can write in another language, this can be an income skill for you that can earn cash. Not only that but it is challenging and enjoyable, because you will constantly need to be adding words to your vocabilary and learning grammar.
Enrichment comes to us in all forms, including the study of ancient and contemporary languages. Acquiring language skills is like being blessed day after day with good fortune and good luck.